Whether you are looking to fund an activity or looking to attend a conference, there are a number of other granting resources on campus. Depending on your group’s mandate, your group may be eligible for some of the following grants.
Be sure to check with the specific Faculty, Department, or Service for the grant eligibility, requirements and deadlines.
The Career Centre has put together a very comprehensive list of granting sources on and off campus which you can access on this Google Document!
We have listed some more details on specific on-campus grants below:
Coca-Cola Activation Fund
Description: As part of the Single Source Cold Beverage Agreement, Coca-Cola offers student groups the opportunity to apply for free beverages to help them host amazing events at the University of Alberta!
- No monetary value - only in-kind beverages (water, juice, pop) can be provided. Available beverages are listed here.
- Have to be a registered student group
- Groups can receive it only once per fiscal year (May - April)
- Groups only ask for 1 beverage per person attending the event (estimates are ok, so if they are expecting 1000 people attending, they can only ask for 1000 beverage items)
- Event has to happen on U of A campus and have students as the target audience of the event
- Event has to highlight the contribution of Coca-cola in some way (recommended: having a simple print out by the beverages area saying "These beverages are provided by Coca-Cola Activation Fund")
To apply: Submit your request form via BearsDen. Please submit your request at least 21 days before your event to ensure we have time to process your order. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Description: Crowdfunding from USEED@UAlberta allows you to take advantage of a powerful online funding tool with specialized training for your leadership team and fundraising champions!
- USEED even provides expert coaching to help you through the process
- If your project qualifies, the University will cover the costs of the program
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.ualberta.useed.net.
Graduate Student Group Grant (GSGG)
Description: Funding offered to registered graduate student groups to help support the costs of start-up, seminars, colloquia, or other academic events
- Be part of a registered Graduate Student Group
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit https://www.ualberta.ca/graduate-students-association/funding
Faculty Associations or Program Specific Grants
Some Faculties, Faculty Associations, Departments, or Programs may provide granting and funding for student groups or individuals. For a list of Faculty Associations, visit the COFA site.
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW