Whether you are looking to fund an activity or looking to attend a conference, there are a number of other granting resources on campus. Depending on your group’s mandate, your group may be eligible for some of the following grants.
Be sure to check with the specific Faculty, Department, or Service for the grant eligibility, requirements and deadlines.
The Career Centre has put together a very comprehensive list of granting sources on and off campus which you can access on this Google Document!
We have listed some more details on specific on-campus grants below:
Coca Cola Activation Fund
Description: Need beverages for an upcoming student group event? The Coca Cola Activation Fund is a quick and simple answer.
- Have to submit the request at least 2 weeks before the event date
- Have to be a registered student group
- Can receive it only once/year
- Can only ask for 1 beverage per person attending the event (estimates are ok, so if you are expecting 100 people attending, you can only ask for 100 beverage items)
- Event has to happen on U of A campus
- Event has to have students as the target audience of the event
- Has to highlight the contribution of Coca-cola in some way (recommended: having a simple print out by the beverages area saying "These beverages are provided by Coca-Cola Activation Fund")
- No monetary value - only in-kind beverages (water, juice, pop) can be provided
- Can only request Pop, Juice and Water. Can submit requests for other beverages, but only certain exceptions can be made. Please email us for more information!
- Cannot resell the beverages received through the Coca-Cola Activation Fund (e.g. at a BBQ)
- Can request the delivery to SUB loading dock or Lister Hall loading dock only, and have to pick it up yourself in person.
- There is usually a "delivery date", but it can vary as to what time in the day the beverages are delivered
- No post-event report required
To Apply: Fill out and send this form to email@example.com
Green and Gold Grant
Description: Administered through CAPS: Your U of A Career Centre this fund was conceived to help foster undergraduate and graduate students’ leadership skills and professional development. It’s possible to get 100% of your conference or applicable activity funded through this grant.
- All current full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students with satisfactory academic standing
- Students registered at the University of Alberta at the time of application and when they participate in the proposed activity
- Students are eligible to receive only one grant during each degree program
- Activities organized/hosted by your student group are not eligible
- Group applications are not accepted
To apply: For more information and application deadlines, visit www.greenandgoldgrant.ualberta.ca
Description: If your group project or event contributes to the sustainability of campus, the Green Grants offered by the Office of Sustainability may be perfect for you!
- All students, faculty and staff are eligible for Green Grants
- Grants can be used for supplies, materials, advertising, or to offset speaker/trainer fees and their travel expenses. The Office of Sustainability does not pay for applicant's labour
- Grants must be used for projects that produce tangible results for our campus
- Grant funds cannot be used for personal stipends, socials, conference attendance, fundraising, completed projects, or to supplement standard departmental supplies, wages, and expense budgets
- Food-related expenses beyond light snacks may not be eligible
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.sustainability.ualberta.ca.
Shell Enhanced Learning Fund
Description: Supported by Shell Canada Limited, the SELF grant gives groups and individuals the opportunity for enhanced learning experience.
- Students must be registered at the University of Alberta to be eligible (this includes full-time, part-time, undergraduate and graduate students)
- Student groups that are registered are eligible to apply for activities such as conferences and group events or projects
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.ualberta.ca/career-centre.
Description: Crowdfunding from USEED@UAlberta allows you to take advantage of a powerful online funding tool with specialized training for your leadership team and fundraising champions!
- USEED even provides expert coaching to help you through the process
- If your project qualifies, the University will cover the costs of the program
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.ualberta.useed.net.
Description: APIRG is The Alberta Public Interest Research Group based here on campus. They are a student run non-profit organization that is dedicated to community-based research, education and social activism.
Eligibility: APIRG provides working group, student and community members with funding for research and social engagement projects in the public interest
- Grants from APIRG are categorized as "Working Group" or "Event/Project"
- They also provide great non-monetary resources that may be useful for your group
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.apirg.org/funding-and-services.
Graduate Students’ Association - Academically Related Student Group Grant
Description: Funding offered to registered graduate student groups to help support the costs of start-up, seminars, colloquia, or other academic events
- Be part of a registered Graduate Student Group
To Apply: For more information and application deadlines go visit www.gsa.ualberta.ca/Funding.
Faculty Associations or Program Specific Grants
Some Faculties, Faculty Associations, Departments, or Programs may provide granting and funding for student groups or individuals. For a list of Faculty Associations, visit the COFA site.
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW