Student Group Services
Student Group Services supports student life at the University of Alberta by providing programming and administrative assistance to student-run clubs and organizations on campus. Services included in our portfolio include:
- Student Group Recognition on behalf of the Dean of Students, Students’ Union, and Graduate Students’ Association
- Administering the Student Group Granting Program
- Facilitating Clubs Fair, the largest student group recruitment events on campus
- Group Leader Orientation for student group leaders
- Promoting student group activities and initiatives
- Supporting student groups’ use of BearsDen
- Maintenance of Student Group Office and Storage spaces in SUB
- Equipment rentals for student group activities
We are also happy to help you out with any questions or ideas you might have about student groups, such as:
- Recruitment strategies
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Constitutions/governing documents
Need something? Come ask us!
Student Life Central, SUB 0-81:
SGS works closely with the support of InfoLink. They take on a lot of our front-facing correspondence and tasks, allowing us to help student groups with greater challenges and ideas. They are the quickest way to get an answer if you’re unsure about anything, and if they don’t have the answer, they’ll know exactly where to direct you!
With so many student groups to help oversee, we understand that from time to time you'll have questions that aren't answered anywhere in writing -- even in our expansive categorized FAQ! For those times when you need an extra helping hand or listening ear, book an appointment to see us!
For general inquiries about student groups, whether you are looking to get involved with one or you are already, meet with one of our Student Coordinators! They are students just like you and will be able to tackle your inquiries with you! Book an appointment with Jillian or Book and appointment with Nicole
Are you involved with a Representative Association? (These include Faculty, Department, and Residence Associations, and other groups with special recognition from Students' Council.) Bring your inquiries to our Representative Association Specialist! Book an appointment with Selen
Want to stay updated on all SGS news and announcements?
Sign up for our Bi-weekly newsletter!
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW