Student Group Services
Student Group Services supports student life at the University of Alberta by providing programming and administrative assistance to student-run clubs and organizations on campus. Services included in our portfolio include:
- Student Group Recognition on behalf of the Dean of Students, Students’ Union, and Graduate Students’ Association
- Administering the Student Group Granting Program
- Facilitating Clubs Fair, the largest student group recruitment events on campus
- Group Leader Orientation for student group leaders
- Promoting student group activities and initiatives
- Supporting student groups’ use of BearsDen
- Maintenance of Student Group Office and Storage spaces in SUB
- Equipment rentals for student group activities
We are also happy to help you out with any questions or ideas you might have about student groups, such as:
- Recruitment strategies
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Constitutions/governing documents
Need something? Come ask us!
Student Life Central, SUB 0-81:
SGS works closely with the support of InfoLink. They take on a lot of our front-facing correspondence and tasks, allowing us to help student groups with greater challenges and ideas. They are the quickest way to get an answer if you’re unsure about anything, and if they don’t have the answer, they’ll know exactly where to direct you!
Drop-in Advising: Got a question that InfoLink doesn't have an answer to? Ask for an SGS staff member at the Student Life Central desk! We're available 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM on weekdays. Please note that we will do our best to have a staff member onsite to assist you, but we may need a minute to make ourselves available. If you need more time with a staff member, you can also book an appointment.
With so many student groups to help oversee, we understand that from time to time you'll have questions that aren't answered anywhere in writing -- even in our expansive categorized FAQ! For those times when you need a longer advising session or something outside of our drop in hours, book an appointment to see us via Calendly!
Want to stay updated on all SGS news and announcements?
Sign up for our Bi-weekly newsletter!
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW