UASU Club Granting Program
|Applications Open||Application Deadline||Event Date has to fall within:|
|May 01 - 31||May 31st||September 1 - December 31 (Fall Semester events)|
|Sept 01 - 30||September 30th||January 01 - April 30 (Winter Semester events)|
|Jan 01 - 30||January 31st||May 01 - August 31 (Spring/Summer Semester events)|
Please note that to be eligible for funding, your events will still have to be approved by the Office of the Dean of Students SERM team, otherwise the Students’ Union reserves the right to deny/rescind funding. Events that have not been approved by the SERM team can still be considered for funding. If you have questions or concerns please contact the program at email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Students’ Union administers the Student Group Granting program. Since funds are provided by the Students' Union, only SU-level groups are eligible for Event and Operations grants.
- Read the Application thoroughly on BearsDen to make sure you know what you're eligible for, what limits there are, and get everything in order.
- Still confused? We have budget templates, sample applications (coming soon!), and a handbook to help you with your application! - Find resources on the Granting Program BearsDen page
Great! Now, go to the Club Grant Program's BearsDen page and fill out the appropriate application form completely - well in advance of the granting deadline. Refer to Step 1 (or email us) if you don't know which category you should apply under.
- Event Grant: This grant is intended to offer financial support to groups that are primarily planning and hosting an event OR for a group sending members as ambassadors to an event or conference.
- Operations Grant: The Operations Grant is intended to offer funds to support or acquire items which will contribute to general and ongoing group operations and not for a one-time or recurring event.
Revise your application as necessary, and submit it to our office by the granting deadline. We can't accept late applications, and we don't make exceptions - so be punctual!
Student Group Grant Application Resources:
- Finance Committee's Standing Orders
- Student Group Granting Handbook
- Event Grant Rubric
- Operation Grant Rubric
Grant Application Meetings
Staff are available to meet with you in the weeks leading up to the granting deadlines to answer your questions and help you to write strong applications. Book an appointment to set up a meeting before the next deadline!
Please note: staff will not read drafts of your application. If you would like help with another set of eyes, we recommend booking an appointment (free!) at the Centre for Writers on campus.
Club Granting Committee
The Granting Committee is composed of students with student group executive experience, and aids Student Group Services, on behalf of the Finance Committee, to provide funding to SU-recognized student groups for their operations and events. The Committee also serves as an advisory committee when making changes to the Granting Program, to ensure that changes are made in the best interest of the student group population.
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW