March 18 2020: The Equipment Rental Program is currently suspended to encourage physical distancing and reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
When we have further updates to this program, they will be communicated through the SGS Newsletter. You can make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter here.
Student Group Services provides equipment rentals for no cost! These items are for registered student groups to use on campus only.
- Projector Screen
- First Aid Kit
- Cash Box
- 6' foldable tables (4 available)
How to rent equipment:
All equipment is rented through the Student Life Central desk in SUB 0-81. Here are a few things to remember when renting from the desk:
- We no longer require deposits when renting. Just remember your group's mailing address, so invoices can be sent later in case of damage, lost items, or "no shows"
- When the item is picked up for rental an Equipment Rental Agreement form must be signed
- The person who signs the Equipment Rental Agreement form must be the person to pick up the item
- Upon return, any executive member of the group can bring back the item and sign the Equipment Rental Agreement form one last time
|Audio/Visual Equipment||Organization||Rate||Contract or Policy|
|Projector||Student Group Services - 780.492.9789 - firstname.lastname@example.org||No Deposit||Contract signed at rental|
|Bake Sale/BBQ Equipment||Organization||Rate||Contract or Policy|
|Barbecues||L'Express - 780.492.2090 - email@example.com||$30 rental fee, $25 deposit||Contact for policies|
|Cash Boxes||Student Group Services - 780.492.9789 - firstname.lastname@example.org||No Deposit||Contract signed at rental|
|Banquet or Catering Materials||Organization||Rate||Contract or Policy|
|Reusable Plates||Sustain SU - 780.492.7134 - email@example.com||Free!, $5 per missing dish||More Info|
|Meeting Materials||Organization||Rate||Contract or Policy|
|Projector Screen||Student Group Services - 780.492.9789 - firstname.lastname@example.org||No Deposit||Contract signed at rental|
|Miscellaneous Equipment||Organization||Rate||Contract or Policy|
|First Aid Kit||Student Group Services - 780.492.9789 - email@example.com||No Deposit||Contract signed at rental|
Inter-Group Equipment Bank
The Inter-Group Equipment Bank is a chance for groups to either rent equipment from other groups or to set their own rates for the rental of their equipment. It’s a great way to find equipment, or earn some money by renting out your group’s equipment or service. Equipment can include, but is not limited to:
- Audio or Visual Equipment
- Special Event Equipment
- Entertainment Services (Ex. Musical or Dance Performances, etc.)
How does it work?
To loan or rent out your group services or equipment:
- Set a rate at which you would like to rent out your equipment or service.
- Create a contract for your rental. Email Student Group Services for advice on how to write up a contract.
- Student Group Services will review the contract and post your equipment or services with your group’s contact information and contract where other groups can access it.
To rent the equipment, contact the group directly to see if the equipment is available and where to submit the signed contract, and how to pick up the equipment.
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW