Tasty coffees, shareable snacks, pool and art—come check out the premier place to unwind on campus.
Dewey's is your licensed lounge at the heart of North Campus. Our large space means there’s plenty of room for you to safely enjoy our all-day breakfast from the loft, or watch the action in the billiard room, alongside delicious eats and a truly unique old-industrial vibe. Did we mention we do an all-day breakfast?
Our Safety Promise
Safe: Ensuring adequate physical distancing
- Reduce capacity to 50%, and stagger tables to allow 2m social distancing.
- Create one-way directional flow with floor decals to indicate spacing.
- Plexiglass barriers in place and all staff wear masks.
Clean: Heightened hygiene & sanitation protocols
- Sanitize tables and chairs after use.
- Hand sanitizer available at entrance.
Informed: Rigorous staff training & communications
- Train staff to ensure everyone’s safety & well-being.
- Ongoing collaboration and compliance with regional partners and all AHS guidelines and regulations.
Peace of Mind: Taking a positive approach
- We've implemented these strategies so you can relax and enjoy your time at Dewey’s. We are so happy to welcome students, staff and faculty back to your campus bar, and are dedicated to ensuring the safest dining experience for all our customers.
This bistro-pub art space is one of the largest licensed spaces on campus. Stop by and take a break from school’s stresses. From our all-day breakfast and gourmet coffees, to our homemade paninis and a great selection of local and craft beer on tap, there is something to satisfy everyone’s tastes!
Dewey’s is available for parties, special events and get-togethers. The space is available for free to student groups to host events, and private bookings are also available.
Would you like to take a look before you leap? Flip through our menu and avoid the should-I-get-the-fritters jitters!
Dewey's is a service of your Students' Union for U of A students, staff, alumni and accompanied guests. ONEcards are required. We also accept ONEcard/Meal Plan for non-alcoholic purchases.
11:30 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday & Thursday
11:30 am - 6:00 pm
11:30 am - 8:00 pm
Old Power Plant
(across from Triffo Hall)
University of Alberta