Registration for Family Orientation 2022 is Now Open!
In-Person Family Orientation will be held from Saturday, July 16th at the University of Alberta campus. Tickets are available for $25 from Eventbrite.
What is Family Orientation?
Family Orientation is a program offered by New Student Orientation that focuses on the transition of not only new students, but also their families to the UofA community. Family Orientation, along with service providers across campus offer sessions about academics, finances, and student life to give students and families tips and tricks to supporting one another throughout the transition to university.
Family Orientation Outline
The in-person Family Orientation program will be taking place from 9:00AM - 2:30PM on Saturday, July 16th at the University of Albeta North Campus. A variety of opportunities and sessions are scheduled to offer a look into University life, such as:
- Presentations about academics, finances, student life, wellness, safety, and more
- Student panels
- Services fair showcasing various campus services
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Printed handbook with additional content and resources
The program offers time to listen and learn, as well as plenty of time to talk with current students and service providers on campus, who are happy to answer any questions you may have.
2022 Family Orientation Webinars
Dates and session topics are subject to change. More information will be released as webinars are confirmed.
- Thursday, July 21st, 2022, 6:00PM - 8:00PM MST
- Thursday, July 28th, 2022, 6:00PM - 8:00PM MST
- Thursday, August 4th, 2022, 6:00PM - 8:00PM MST
- Thursday, August 11th, 2022, 6:00PM - 8:00PM MST
New Student Orientation
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW