Where involvement begins.
SGS is now located in 0-81 Student Life Central, lower level SUB! Be sure to first check in with the Student Life Central desk when you come to visit, as they have taken on some of our front-line responsibilities and are eager to help you out! If you require further assistance they will be able to direct you to us or help schedule a meeting.
Student Group Services assists over 400 active student groups on campus. Whatever interests you may have – academic, cultural, recreational, political – there’s probably a student group that’s right for you. If not, feel free to start a new one!
Getting involved in a student group is a great way to meet fellow students and add an element of excitement to your time on campus. Registered student groups can receive office space in SUB and gain access to many financing and fundraising opportunities.
There are over 400 Student Groups on campus. These include:
- Faculty/Departmental Associations.
- Residence Associations
- Men’s and Women’s Fraternities
- Political/ Special Interest
- Social Justice/Public Service
No matter what your interest, there’s a group that’s right for you.
Want to stay up to date with SGS? Click here to sign up for our newsletter!
Student Group Services is a service of the Students’ Union intended specifically for the support and management of student groups on campus. SGS is responsible for overseeing the registration of groups with the University, the Graduate Students Association, and Students’ Union. The Student Group Services Staff consists of one full-time Manager, one full-time Assistant Manager, a part-time Communications Assistant, a part-time Clubs Fair Organizer (in the summer) and two part-time student Coordinators.
To actively support and develop the members of student groups so they can function at a high level and consequently contribute to forming a well rounded, positive, vibrant, and creative campus community.
Blair Wade, Communications Assistant :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Arts, Political Science Honors
- Blair is new to our SGS team and is who you are talking to every time you read our newsletters or engage with us on social media. She loves SGS almost as much as she loves poutine, doughnuts, and The Arkells- which is quite a lot! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so Blair can help you make your student group experience the best it can be!
Kaz Haykowsky, Coordinator :: email@example.com
- Faculty of Arts, Political Science Major (Biology Minor)
- Kaz truly is the backbone of SGS. He is always working hard for SGS and plays a huge role in the PALS, SGECC, and Granting committees. Kaz recently dedicated himself to greening up our office with a lovely mini-garden. Kaz also brings amazing vegan lunches to work, and hopefully will start bringing enough to share.
Eric Kother, Coordinator :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Arts, Visual Art & Design Major (Biology Minor)
- Eric is a returning coordinator and always a joy to have around the SGS office, bringing a warm smile and hearty laugh. You can almost always catch Eric humming the tune to some great new song, obsessing over his tea collection, or discovering delicious eats on campus. Be sure to ask Eric about his Clubs Fair-unfriendly wardrobe experience if you read this and see him in the office!
Melanie Bye, Assistant Manager :: email@example.com
- Faculty of Education, After Degree (Secondary)
- Melanie is new to the University of Alberta, and is really enjoying all of the student and student group led activities on campus. She is quite excited to be part of such a fun-loving and hard working team! With the exception of the first 30 minutes of being awake, mornings are her favourite time of day because they hold the promise of new adventures. Trust your guts!
Chelsea Livingstone, Manager :: firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Faculty of Physical Education & Recreation, Nutrition & Health Promotion Major
- Chelsea is incredibly excited to lead the SGS team through another successful year as Manager. She works with a dedicated passion to help student groups be the best they can be on the UAlberta campus. Her hobbies include travelling to new places, enjoying concerts, and appreciating her favourite animal, the sloth.
09:30am - 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW