Where involvement begins.
The Students’ Union administers the Student Group Granting program. Since funds are provided by the Students' Union, and only SU-level groups are eligible for grants.
Have an event happening in Fall 2017? Don't miss the granting deadline!
Click HERE to access the forms!
2017-18 Application Deadlines:
|Applications Open||Application Deadline||Activity/Conference has to fall within:|
|May 01 - 31, 2017||Wednesday, May 31st, 2017||July 19 - December 31|
|September 01 - 30, 2017||Saturday, September 30th, 2017||January 01 - April 30|
|January 01 - 30, 2018||Wednesday, January 31st, 2018||May 01 - August 31|
If you are seeking funding for an individual you can apply to the Student Engagement Fund for Individuals by clicking here.
Our Granting Handbook has all the information you need to access Student Group Grants in one convenient spot! This can be a useful supplement to our Granting Info Sessions and one-on-one meetings while you fill out your application form.
Grant Application Review Meetings
SGS is available to meet with you in the week leading up to the granting deadlines to review your submissions and help you to write strong (eligible) applications!
Granting Info Sessions
Do you need help with your granting application, or want to learn more about the granting process and procedure? Student Group Services can be your guru. Our Granting Advice Sessions cover the process, procedure, and walk you through the applications section-by-section.
How to Apply
- Read the Application Guideline thoroughly to make sure you know what you're eligible for, what limits there are, and get everything in order.
- Still confused? SGS to the rescue! We have budget templates, sample applications (coming soon!), and check right above for our info session dates! (Let us know if the templates don't download properly on your computer, and we can email them to you!) You can also research and grab the resources from the Student Group Granting Committee's page on BearsDen.
- Great! Now, go to the Student Group Granting Committee's BearsDen page and fill out the appropriate application form completely - well in advance of the granting deadline. Refer to Step 1 (or email us) if you don't know which category you should apply under.
- Start-Up Grant Application
- Activity Grant Application
- Conference Grant Application
- Re-Start Grant Application
- Hopefully you have some extra time on your hands, since you completed everything so early. Now, make an appointment with SGS! We'll review your application and give you any insider tips we can.
- Revise your application as necessary, and submit it to our office by the granting deadline. We can't accept late applications, and we don't make exceptions - so be punctual!
And there's your quick-and-easy guide to granting. If you still have questions, send us an email or drop in to say hi and we'll help you through.
Other Granting Resources
We have compiled a list of other sources of funding available to students both on and off campus. Please take advantage of the opportunities available to you! Click here to access the list.
09:30am - 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW