Dinwoodie Lounge is a versatile space, suitable for a wide variety of events for all ages. From licensed cabarets to family shows to industry tradeshows, Dinwoodie Lounge offers flexibility, convenience, and a room capacity of 620 people.
Dinwoodie is often used for student group activities, ranging from the U of A Dance Club to fraternity events, and past live music events include Hawksley Workman, Calexico, Tegan and Sara, Blue Rodeo, and Radiohead.
While this venue does not have in-house sound and lighting systems, local production companies may be contacted through the Students' Union office. Dinwoodie does offer direct and convenient load-in access through a full-sized freight elevator.
Venue features include:
- Stage: 3' x 20' (deep) x 30' wide.
- Stage to ceiling height: 6'6".
- Power: 200 amps x 220 volts (3 phase).
- Black curtain backdrop: 40' wide.
- Risers: two are available measuring 6' x 8' x 8'.
- Dressing Rooms: Two backstage with adjoining washroom (includes shower).
- Great merchandise rate: Sales merchandise are subject to a charge of only 15% against gross sales.
Dinwoodie Lounge is conveniently located in the Students' Union Building on the University campus, with two covered parkades, direct access via the Edmonton public transit system, and many restaurants and amenities nearby.
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW