Students now have two temporary replacements for the Fall 2020 U-Pass, which is no longer available.
This was approved by Edmonton City Council on 19 August 2020.
Youth Monthly Pass
- All Edmonton post-secondary students, regardless of age, now qualify for the Youth Monthly Pass. It allows unlimited ridership for a month, and is priced at $72.50.
- A new pass must be purchased each month.
Purchase options can be found on Edmonton Transit's Fares & Passes webpage here.
Ride Transit Program
- Ride Transit Program passes are available for domestic students only
- You are not eligible for the Ride Transit Program if you are:
- an international Student, or
- under the age of 18, or
- your personal income is over $33,033
- Domestic students earning less than $29,069, may qualify for a $34/month pass.
- Domestic students earning between $29,070 and $33,033, may qualify for a $48.50/month pass.
- Although these passes must be purchased for each month, students only need to apply once to qualify for the Ride Transit Program.
Apply via Edmonton Transit's Ride Transit Program webpage here.
More details of the Edmonton City Council decision can be found here.