Students' Union Award for Excellence
Each year, the Students' Union will award one undergraduate student with its highest honour for excellence in curricular and extra-curricular activities while at the University of Alberta. This student will be awarded two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500.00) by the Students' Union.
To qualify for this award, a student must:
- Be in their graduating year (convocation in Spring or Fall 2020)
- Have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in the most recent 60 credits completed prior to the current academic year.
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities in the University and/or community.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well with students, staff, and the general public.
In the event that counting the most recent 60 credits completed results in only a portion of an academic term being counted, all credits completed within that term will still be considered when calculating the grade point average.
The Committee's decision will be announced at the Students' Council meeting immediately following the selection of the winner. The Vice President (Academic) will also publish a press release announcing the winner.
How to apply for this award:
- Complete the application for UASU Involvement, Centenary, and Coca-Cola Awards, which will be made available at uasu.ca/Awards. For information on what is included in the application, please refer to the Involvement Awards Listing.
- The application form will prompt you about this award; indicate on the application that you would like to be considered for the UASU Award for Excellence.
If you are ready to apply, click here!
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Student Life Central
0-81, Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW