Political Policy Student Space
Expires: April 30, 2020
- The University of Alberta lacks sufficient student space to accommodate the current student population.
- Current space planning has not sufficiently anticipated the needs of current or future students.
- Space planning in new and refurbished buildings will have significant impacts on students who make use of the buildings.
- Students and student groups require quality spaces on campus to pursue their curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular goals.
- Students require that space is available according to their own schedules.
- Students require space that is physically accessible.
- The Students’ Union will advocate that University of Alberta space allocation and building development policies should take into consideration the needs of students and student groups both present and future.
- The Students’ Union will advocate for the construction and renovation of classroom spaces such that they reflect advances in pedagogy.
- The Students’ Union will advocate that student spaces are open sufficient hours to address student need.
- The Students’ Union will advocate that space planning account for physical accessibility and students’ safety.