Political Policy Nonpartisan
Expires April 30, 2022
- Undergraduate students at the University of Alberta have diverse political views and ideologies.
- The Students’ Union represents all undergraduate students at the University of Alberta.
- The Students’ Union would not be representing the perspectives of all students by endorsing political parties or candidates.
- Student associations are legislated corporations under the Post-Secondary Learning Act (2003) of the Government of Alberta.
- The Studentsʼ Union is a nonpartisan organization.
- The Students’ Union will not support or oppose candidates for public office, nor does it take a stand for or against a political party.
- The Students’ Union will advocate to parties and candidates primarily on Students’ Council’s political policies.
- The Students’ Union will engage in efforts to educate members on policies, platforms, and political statements made by parties and candidates that may affect the student experience.
- The Students’ Union will engage its members to be active in the political discourse within our municipalities, our province, and our country.
- The Students’ Union will engage in efforts to inform members about opportunities to vote and provide access to polling in all levels of Canadian democracy due to a belief that the participation of informed citizens is of utmost importance in our society.