A Bylaw Respecting Student Groups
1 Definition of Student Groups
- Any group is a Students' Union (SU) Student Group that registers as such with the Students' Union.
2 Mandate for Student Groups
- SU Student Groups shall act on behalf of and for their members.
- SU Student Groups shall serve their members in a way that is transparent, democratic, accountable, and fiscally prudent.
- SU Student Groups shall promote community, benefit their members, and be non-commercial.
3 Termination and Suspension
- The SU may terminate a SU Student Group's registration or suspend a SU Student Group's activities.
- The rationale for the termination or suspension shall be communicated to the SU Student Group in a timely manner.
4 Administration of Student Groups
- Student Group Services shall be responsible for the oversight and administration of student groups.
5 Student Group Grants
- The SU may offer student group grants.
- Student group grants shall only be available for student groups.
- Procedure for student group granting will be administered by Students' Council Finance Committee.