Opt Out Online
Residence Associations consist of a group of elected students that advocate on behalf of the resident students and put on different events to support community building within the residence. The Residence Association Fee goes towards funding free or subsidized events and activities organized by your Residence Association.
The Residence Association Fee is a non-mandatory fee, and you are able to opt-out of it if you choose to. If you opt out, please note that:
- You will lose subsidized pricing for events organized by your Residence Association. For specifics, please contact your Residence Association directly. You might also lose some perks/access to events that are specific to Residence Association members.
- You will not be able to vote for your Residence Association Representatives in the elections.
Because these fees are only assessed to undergraduate students living in their respective residence, refunds are only provided to students living in residence. If you do not live in a University of Alberta residence, or if you are a graduate student, you will not be assessed this fee.
Once the opt-out deadline for a fee has passed, no further opt-outs of the fee are permitted.
- Opt-outs will be processed within a month of the opt-out deadline.
- The refunds will be deposited to your ONEcard account.
- Make sure to pay all fees (including the Residence Association Fee) on your BearTracks Financial Account
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW