Get Involved with SU Events!
UASUevents strives to host the best events on campus
Applications for Events Crew Leader position for 2019/20 are now closed. Check back in March 2020!
The Events Crew Team is looking for those who are driven, inclusive, and engaged individuals with a passion for Event Planning, Management, and Marketing. The Events Crew assist Students' Union staff in realizing the vision of UASUevents. By volunteering with the Events Team, you are presented with an incredible opportunity to make your mark on the experience of all students, and to create an exciting, engaging campus environment.
Events Crew Leader
Events Crew Leaders serve as senior level volunteers with UASUevents. You will work closely with experienced event planners and managers to ensure you have the necessary skills to host the best events on campus. Events Crew Leaders will be the contact for Student Events, and will be responsible for outreach, marketing, volunteer management and execution of all major UASU events.
- Receive professional development sessions over the summer to be successful in their role
- They will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring general Events Crew in the fall
- They will facilitate general Events Crew meetings every month
- They will be responsible for an area of focus within the team
- They will be points of contact for the general Events Crew during major events
- Assist with the execution of every major UASU Event.
- Engage with social media marketing strategies and promote all UASUevents
- Engage directly with students and Student Groups.
Events Crew Leaders will be expected to:
- Generate and integrate creative ideas that translate into positive experiences for stakeholders
- Apply event management strategies and industry processes required to properly execute events
- Develop dynamic, integrated, wide-reaching marketing communication strategies
- Meet regularly with staff to discuss problems, questions, and possible complications, as well as to ensure events are in alignment with Students’ Union best practices.
General Events Crew Member
This is an entry level position for those who would like to gain valuable volunteer experience in the area of event execution and promotions. The Events Crew members will have the opportunity to work as a member of a team and help facilitate major events put on by UASUevents, gaining practical knowledge and skills. The Events Crew members will receive training from the Events Crew Leaders and UASUevents Staff in order to be prepared to assist with major events throughout the year.
Some of these events include:
- Campus Cup
- Night at the Horrorwitz
- Last Class Bash
- Movie Nights
NOTE: Because Event Facilitators will be hosting Campus Cup and AntiFreeze, you will not be permitted to participate in these events
Students' Union Executive and Administrative Offices
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW