Here to help you with all of your student finances, from student loans and bursaries to financial planning.
Alberta/Canada Student Loan applications for the 2013-2014 year will be available in late June. For Summer 2013 funding, use the 2012-2013 application form. Find it here.
For more information on what's new for Alberta Student Loans for the 2012-2013 academic year, click here.
Who is SFAIC?
The mandate of the Student Financial Aid Information Centre (SFAIC) is to assist students in finding the financial resources necessary to fulfill their academic objectives. SFAIC is a member of the Financial Aid Office, an organization that encompasses the following services:
- Access Fund
- SU Awards
- University Bursaries and Emergency Funding
- Student Financial Aid Information Centre (SFAIC)
Services at SFAIC
- Drop-in service during regular office hours.
- Information on applications for loans for all provinces.
- Free courier service to Student Aid Alberta.
- Provide guidance regarding all aspects of the Government Student Loan programs from your first application straight through to repayment.
- Offer one-on-one counselling sessions for students in complex situations and advocacy for difficult loan related issues.
- SFAIC also works with policy makers and service providers to improve student loan programs—so don't be afraid to give us feedback.
- Make bookings for the Access Fund and Emergency Student Loans programs.
- Money management sessions.
- Online Alberta Student Loan Application Workshops.
We are also available for presentations to student groups, associations, faculty and staff on student funding options, student funding processes, budgeting and other topics. Please contact us for more information.
Undergraduate Student Awards is located on the main floor of the Administration Building.
For information in regards to making payments for your tuition, please visit the University of Alberta Financial Services website.
May - August
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
September - April
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
Open till 6 pm on Tuesdays during regularly scheduled classes
Financial Aid Office
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW